David's mom tagged me for this meme a few days ago and I just now saw it! So, as if you didn't already know more than you wanted to about me...
1. Were you named after anyone?
The easy answer is, "yes," my middle name, Sue, is after my mom's younger sister, Betsy Sue (I never knew her...she passed away when she was little). My first name is just one my parents liked, but my aunt Sandy happened to have a goat by the same name. After I was born, the goat up and died. The family lore is that she's never forgiven me.
2. When was the last time you cried?
The night before last, when I thought I was getting sick again
3. Do you like your handwriting?
Absolutely. I got a C in handwriting in the 3rd grade, and it was traumatizing. I made sure that it never happened again.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat?
Pastrami, but I almost never eat it
5. Do you have kids?
4 sons and a baby on the way
6. If you were another person would you be friends with you?
I don't think so, but that's a really difficult question to answer. If I were a another person, would I be another person just like me? Or would I be someone different?
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
No, never. *grins*
8. Do you still have your tonsils?
9. Would you bungee jump?
I'd think about it.
10. What is your favorite cereal?
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Most of the time, unless there is a child-related emergency that requires my immediate sock-footed attention
12. Do you think you are strong?
With the Lord's help. Without Him, I can do nothing.
13. What is your favorite ice cream?
Ben and Jerry's Phish Food
14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
I don't know. Maybe their height?
15. Red or Pink?
Red. When I was in third grade, we moved into a new house and Mom decked out my room all in pink. Then I hit adolescence and redid the whole room in red and white stripes. I have never really gone back. Plus, I think I look terrible in pink.
16. What is the least favorite thing about yourself?
I am impatient with people.
17. Who do you miss the most?
Probably the whole church family at Faith Community Church in Oxnard, California.
18. What color pants and shoes are you wearing?
Blue jeans, bare feet
19. What was the last thing you ate?
A cranberry-white chocolate chip cookie
20. What are you listening to right now?
The morning sounds of my house: washer, marble tracks being built, schoolwork being done
21. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
My, this seems very morbid, but I think black.
22. Favorite smell?
Hmmm...toss up between good men's cologne and good bread baking
23. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
24. Favorite sports to watch?
25. Hair color?
26. Eye color?
27. Do you wear contacts?
yes, for about fifteen years now. I mean, not in a row. I do take them out at night.
28. Favorite food?
steamed lobster with drawn butter
29. Scary movies or happy endings?
happy endings. I am a total baby.
30. Last movie you watched?
I guess that would be..."Finding Neverland" (side note, GOOD NIGHT, that movie made me cry. A mother of four boys and she up and dies. Ack!)
31. What color shirt are you wearing?
32. Summer or winter?
winter. Being cold is easier to solve than being hot.
33. Hugs or kisses?
34. Favorite dessert?
this question is too hard
35. What book are you reading now?
A Woman in Charge by Bob Bernstein
36. What is on your mouse pad?
no mouse pad with a laptop!
37. What did you watch on TV last night?
Nothing. I read a book.
38. Favorite sounds?
Birds, water moving over rocks, the ocean, rain on the roof
39. Rolling Stones or Beatles?
40. What is the farthest you have been from home?
either LA or Grand Cayman Island
41. Do you have a special talent?
not really. I can multitask pretty well, as any mother of small children can.
42. Where were you born?
Holyoke, Massachusetts (outside Springfield)
And I'll tag...anybody else who wants to do this. :-)